Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baked Acorn Squash with Apple Stuffing

This is another recipe from my dad (he now does all of the cooking and is having fun all the comments are from him)

Baked Acorn Squash with Apple Stuffing
1 med. acorn squash
2 small apples, unpeeled, diced
2 tbsp diced celery
1 tsp minced onion
2 tsp butrter, melted
2 tbsp water
Dash of salt
Now the fun part. I added craisens, pineapple and almonds. I thought some orange zest would be good in the mix as well but I forgot to add it so who knows.
Raisens would be good and so would dried cherries and pecans.
I added cinnamon to the mix as well. However, I put it on the squash before baking.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut squash in half. Remove seeds. Place cut side down on baking sheet sprayed with PAM.
Combine apples, celery, craisens, almonds, etc. and onion. Add butter and water. Put in small baking dish.
Cover and Bake squash and apple stuffing for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven
Salt squash and fill with the mixture.
We've decided that most squash has no flavor so the more butter and spices you use the better. We had to add some butter (We're trying to lose weight so
we used "I can't believe it's not butter", the light version). Having said that, I cheated and put a dab of butter with it.
Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment